I am Amit. Iam 23 yrs old,apart from other debt investments and my term insurance policy,i have invested in the following MFs,kindly have a look and suggest any modifications.
thank you in advance.
1.50,000 in SBI Tax 93- April 2008
2.15,000 in Principal personal tax- may 2008
3.20,000 in UTI infrastructure -jan 2008
4.20,000 in DSP ML TIGER- jan 2008
5.2000 SIP kotak 30 july 2008
6.2000 SIP Reliance growth july 2008
7.2000 SIP HDFC top 2000 july 2008
8.2000 SIP Sundaram select focus july 2008
9.2000 SIP Birla Sunlife Frontline- july 2008 equity.
I realised my mistake to not investing in SIP,hence have tried to follow it now,please comment.
Waiting in anticipation,
SRIKANTH SHANKAR MATRUBAI ' S REPLY ::::::
At the outset, you have done the right thing by going for a TERM Insurance rather than an Endowment or other policy. Hats off to you there.
Your Mutual fund portfolio is a picture of good and bad. Some very good and some outright bad. My take on each of the fund
1. 50,000 in SBI Tax 93- April 2008 (continue with the same till lock-in period and then take a call).
2. 15,000 in Principal personal tax- may 2008 (Good investment. Hold on. Can even add to it)
3. 20,000 in UTI infrastructure -jan 2008 (Redeem the same. I know you will lose, but it is better to put the money to better use than lay it in a rotting asset. So, invest the proceeds of the redeemtion into DWS Investment Opportunity Fund)
4. 20,000 in DSP ML TIGER- jan 2008 (This is one of the few Sector funds that I like. Continue to hold and review every 6 months. Right now, continue to stay invested)
5. 2000 SIP kotak 30 july 2008 (One of your best decisions. Not only in terms of the fund choice but also because of SIP. Continue)
6. 2000 SIP Reliance growth july 2008 (Again, a Very Good Decision. Continue with your investment.)
7. 2000 SIP HDFC top 2000 july 2008 (Yet, again, a Very Very Good Investment. Continue)
8. 2000 SIP Sundaram select focus july 2008 (Continue)
9. 2000 SIP Birla Sunlife Frontline- july 2008 equity. (Continue)
After the rejig, your portfolio will look like this.
50,000 in SBI Tax 93- April 2008
15,000 in Principal personal tax- may 2008
20,000 in DWS Investment Opportunity - August 2008
20,000 in DSP ML TIGER- jan 2008
2000 SIP kotak 30 july 2008
2000 SIP Reliance growth july 2008
2000 SIP HDFC top 2000 july 2008
2000 SIP Sundaram select focus july 2008
2000 SIP Birla Sunlife Frontline- july 2008 equity
Of the 10000 SIP that you have, 80% of the amount (8000) goes into Large Caps. For your age, this is on the higher side. Either reduce some of the SIPs to 1000 and invest in fund given below or Increase your SIP. For these my recommendations are
DSPML Equity Fund
Fidelity Equity Fund
SBI Commodities Fund
Mirae India Asset Opportunities fund
If you are increasing your sip from 10000, it is very good. And in that case, split your 2000 sips into 1000 each in the same funds and invest in different dates to make maximum use of volatility in NAV and hence earn better returns.
Also consider investing in
DSPML World Gold Fund
Fidelity International Opportunities fund
Best of luck,
Also visit http://equityadvise.blogspot.com for an indepth Equity Analysis
Srikanth Matrubai is known as the WEALTH ARCHITECT. He is practitioner of Wealthy Habits and author of Amazon Best Selling Book DON'T RETIRE RICH. We strongly urge to follow your Advisor. This blog is purely for information. However, we strongly suggest you to consult a Financial adviser. This blog is purely for information purposes only and we do not take any responsibility whatsoever as the blog content may be changed from time to time and is generic in nature.
Monday, January 12, 2009
SUGGEST FUNDS FOR MY INCREASED SIP
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Have you read the best seller DON'T RETIRE RICH ?
- Asset Allocation
- Balanced Funds
- Best Fund to Invest
- Financial Planning
- Fund Call
- Gold ETFs
- Investment Advise
- Liquid Funds
- MF Lessons
- Mutual Fund Advise
- Small Caps
- Star performers
- Tax Planning
- Wealthy Habits
Post a Comment