Sensex has touched all time high of 29,045 on 8th September 2016 closing, as far as this year is concerned. From that level till yesterday it falls 1,516 points which is -5.22%.
In the same time, BSE Midcap falls only -1.24%, whereas BSE Small cap delivered 2.27% higher.
This will be hardly noticed by the common investor, some of our IFA community as well.
Markets are always dynamic and if somebody keep looking at the number, they will be in a better position to understand what is moving and what is not, which is very important when it comes to fund selection.
I have listed down 50 funds across the category which is normally advised by many of my IFA friends.
Reliance Small cap
L&T Emerging Business
MOSL Focused Long Term
Mirae Emerging Bluechip
BSL Pure Value Fund
DSPBR Small & Midcap
Invesco Mid N Small
L&T India Value
Sundaram Select Midcap
Franklin Smaller Co
Mosl Midcap 30
SBI Magnum Balanced
Mosl Multicap 35
HDFC Midcap Opp
L&T India Prudence
BSL Balanced 95
ICICI Pru Balanced
IPru Balanced Adv
ICICI Pru Multicap
Reliance Reg Savings Bal
Mirae India Opp
DSPBR Focus 25
Franklin Prima Plus
HDFC Top 200
DSPBR Top 100
IPru Value Discovery
IPru Focused Bluechip
IPru Select Largecap
Some Interesting Observation
1. Small cap and Microcap fund has delivered more return than small cap index, though mentioned funds are not exactly belonging to this index.
2. Midcap index is down by -1.24%, whereas many midcap funds delivered positive return.
3. Sensex falls -5.22%, all the large cap fund falls lesser than the index.
4. Balanced fund delivered FLAT to -1.5%, which is very good as far as, those who seek monthly cash flows are concerned.
5. Multi cap protected downside as well as delivered good returns. Somebody wants stable return.
6. ICICI Pru Value discovery is lagging compared to BSL Pure Value and L&T India Value Fund. BSL and L&T is continuously getting momentum in that category! One of the reason could be size, it is always debatable.
7. When am writing around 9.30 am today, the market is already 200 points up. As long as your waiting period is 3 plus years, don't bargain for minimal correction, sometime you were forced to buy at high level or you will never buy also!
8. Still small cap are trading at discount to the 2008 peak and everyone is worried about the valuation. More than the cap, stock selection is the key. Many fund houses have increased their research analyst head count in the recent past.
9. Rise and falls are very quick in the bull market, instead of looking for news, micro and macro data, numbers at various point will give you better clarity I believe. This data will help you to do lot of strategy going forward.
10. Last, but not the least "No fund manager is keeping the same stock for longer years in their portfolio due to volatility of the stock performance. In some cases, if it grows bigger than they expected they have to reduce their weight to comply regulation. In some cases, they have to match their performance with the peer group. These kind of data really helps to take better informed decision than ever before.
I thank Mr.B. Padmanaban, CFPCM
Srikanth Matrubai, CEO, SriKavi Wealth
Good fund advisor can help you to choose the right fund which is suitable for the economical level that can lead you to meet your goal.ReplyDelete
Financial advisor in Chennai
Financial Consultant in Chennai